Wednesday, August 1, 2012

While waiting for the rudder....

It seems like the boat has been in the yard forever.  The skeg has now been repaired, see the photos below.




And of course the new rub rail installed......




The grey looks nice with the black color scheme and the red trim lines.  But we've gotten bored so we decided to take to the water in smaller craft.  We loaded our paddle boards on the roof and went out last night going about 1/2 a mile around the marina.


 Charing took off, standing and moving fast.  I was too scared of falling off into the Columbia's murky water so stayed on my knees the entire time.




Here she is standing running around the marina.


But her smile is what gets me every time....


So while we wait, we've been paddling around leaving behind nothing but wake (albeit really small).

1 comment:

  1. I had to LOL reading this. The water in Kemah is murky and not to mention filled with 4-5 ft alligator gar, so my first few times up I refused to get up off my knees too.

    ReplyDelete